A1c not get worse = maybe consider same as improve. Today’s pipette Bubs blood —>holiday-umbrella A1c. (True quadfecta*!) Decide in advance not care. But of course care. *Quadfecta(™) Diabetic Advocate.
6.3. Same. Why A1c never lower? Always same? Seriously? Even though this time worked so extra, extra hard, and thought no gluten…maybe guts work better keep giant sugar crystals out of blood areas?
Everything else supersonic!
- Post-celiac dx part of Rx = large multivitamin. After approx. 1 week, Bigfoot revert back to impotent, sporadic GummyVites bc large multivitamin make Bubs feel hurl/go back to bed. Seems dumb recover celiac but get sick on vitamin pill. Right? So. Anyway. Roll dice with use food for nutrition instead of pill and learn lab result his Vitamin D is exactly where we want it to be!
- Endocrinologist confide Bubs I have the same problem with my vitamins! I have to take mine at night. If you’re asleep, you don’t notice how pukey you feel. Sometimes if a patient calls after I’ve taken it, and I can’t go to sleep right away, I will be in the bathroom hurling as soon as I hang up the phone. (Refrain from obvious suggestion: It sounds like you may be pregnant and contain knowledge that happy Vit D lab result = sans multivitamin and sans drink milk; keep open mind re trusted medical professional advice vs. Bigfoot own made-up internet/paleo cookbook-cobbled science. Now large vitamin pills reside beside toothbrush for bedtime fun)
- First time year+, Bubs gain weight. Should not be newsflash but feels so: celiac disease person drop gluten, q. of life, health = better
- ENDO: How are you feeling in general? BUBS: Really happy! And much more…energized! (Contrast last time answer: Iuhno. Tired. Hmmmrph. So tired)
- Throughout appointment, Brown Medical School 3rd-year student observe. Endo show BMS student This is his Dexcom. This is the transmitter. It snaps into the sensor. The parents change it every few weeks, and it makes this graph, see? So they can tweak his insulin all day, isn’t that cool? Give Bigfoot thrill x2. THRILL 1: Yay! Still so happy we have a sensor. THRILL 2: This is it! This is how people learn things; lift the peanut butter-smeared Underarmour T-shirt and behold the science. BONUS THRILL: brief daydream Bubs (&, frankly, Bigfoot) inspire young doctor become Peds. Endo, maybe thank publicly as accept award, call Bubs up on stage, everyone hug/happy tears as international chorus tiny adorable children in rick-rack dresses/vests sing Defying Gravity
- ANOTHER BONUS THRILL: Endo moving to new office. New office = adjacent RI’s largest Whole Foods, Anthropologie, Pinkberry, J. Crew. Perfect for post-appointment treat purchases. (Current location is near Target; treat was Strawberry Rhubarb yogurt.)
Yesterday adopted dream dog Grover. So dreamy, Bigfoot not surprised spontaneously alert low blood sugar & offer sage advice unaccented English
- While clamber into car with just-adopted dog, not notice wallet kerplumpft out of coat pocket into snowbank. Lost. Cancel all cards, bank account, etc. Then dog foster mother call—found wallet! Not need visit DMV replace license, also so many gift cards of forgotten value, coupon for free Schär item, list of meals planned for week/associated items required purchase create said meals, $17, also just really liked wallet
- Blizzard, snow day, bitter cold, stay inside, make soup, snurfle up w. dog