Bigfoot shy. This week meet bloggy D-parent IRL, find out BD-P @FFL2012 but not meet, even though D-sons same age! When part ways, say “See you in July!” Maybe FFL Bigfoot version 2.0 less shy. For preparation, brainstorm topics for use with unknown persons.
- Diagnosis date
- Hometown: I’ve been there; I loved it/that sounds nice
- Attended conference before/this is my 2nd year.
- Sessions attended & how did you like them?
- Richard Rubin was wonderful
- Ages of children
- Do you have a dog?
- How do you feel about Downton Abbey/the dog on Downton Abbey?
- Antipathy toward Diet Pepsi
- It is hot here, but the air conditioning is so powerful that I feel I need a sweater
- Dexcom use
- Paleo/vegan diets
- Type 2 diabetes (specifically: same name/change name)
- To a desert island: Joe Solowiejczyk or Gary Scheiner?
- Trialnet & why you should/you shouldn’t
- That Biohub announcement
- Obamacare: at least there’s the pre-existing conditions part
- Zero-carb sno-cones: artificial colors &etc. vs. just have fun
- Favorite blogs
- Rufus the bear’s cold shoulder to Jerry the bear
- The SPF of your sunscreen
- Let’s get pedicures and margaritas
Bigfoot not broach but would enjoy:
- “The D-parents are driving me up the fucking wall but not you, of course”
- How much weight you have gained/lost
- Plastic surgeries you are considering
- What kind of bikini wax?
- Anything really personal about hirsutism, sex, drugs, or GI disorders
- First-person horror stories about lows
- You would like to take my family on your yacht to a secret Mexican restaurant where everyone must perform Karaoke to earn tacos