OMG. Now over one week CGM. Still love. LOVE!
- ACCURATE: Wake up BG 105, CGM show 106 <—typical
- APPROPRIATELY ANNOYING: Vibration mode wake up parent no doubt. Frequency = whiny baby + aggressive, evil junebug
- TRUSTY: so far never miss low BG
- PARENTS SLEEP SO WELL! Trust little buzzy as if $30,000 Hypoglycemia Dog. Last night bedtime 198 w. straight arrow. BG meter 203. Bigfoot give 1/2 unit correction for drop approx. 40 points, then sleep until 6:30AM. Because know will wake up if Bubs approach low. Before CGM: 1/2 unit correction, stay awake read diabetes blogs/watch Netflix/Hulu 2 hours make sure drop/not drop too much. With CGM just sleep. Wake up refreshed, make Important Decisions/focaccia dough before 9AM
- MARITAL AID: B. Spouse develop new seduction technique: CGM says 115 with a straight arrow and they just started watching Arrested Development
- MEAL/CARB TRAINING: can see how assorted foods poke BG. Oatmeal = spike. Half oatmeal = no spike. Mini bagel cream cheese = no spike. Two mini bagel cream cheese = also no spike. CGM teach Bigfoot best way feed child for maximum not-miss-class-for-visit-nurse-w-spike-drop-low-feeling-but-not-low mid-morning @ school. Miss less class, feel better health during school, etc.
- NO DRAWBACK FOR CHILD: Bubs like CGM too. Part is excitement new gadget. Part is not notice/mind sensor
So far Spring 2013 little dreary Rhode Island. But any time not snow/rain, Bubs ask Tennis? One mile bike ride to tennis courts. So far tennis = no drama. Fun sans bad sportsmanship! Exercise sans low! (Poss. because no one Bigfoot family very good @tennis. More like walk around court pick up balls w. occasional racquet swing.) So far perfect balance = 10g CHO watery drink before bike back home, numbers drop little bit but no biggies.
Bigfoot sure as learn more re artificial sweet effect on insulin, become more confused diet drink OK/no OK. Know people say diet soda bad bc stimulate insulin, but for T1D person, maybe kind of moot point. No? Anyway, Bubs like this new sugar-free rootbeer. Very tasty.
Every low carb person recommend put cauliflower where potato belong. Bigfoot family never big mashed potato consumer but last night try one fist-size Yukon Gold potato + human head-size (incl. stem) cauliflower. Steam all until soft, mash with olive oil, salt. Add butter/sour cream for children for make more potato-y. Bubs, Bigfoot, Bigfoot Spouse love! Jack refrain.