Why are bubbles still forming in my cartridges?
It not only Bigfoot cartridge—Bigfoot Spouse cartridge same issue. Pertinent bullet point:
- Current vial insulin room temperature 8 days before fill cartridge
- Spend Great Deal time flick, press out bubbles, examine by bright light until really, really sure cartridge look pure water, no fizz, no speck
- Change cartridge every other day. More if Bubs crazy high
Promise, promise bubbles not in cartridge when insert freshie into pump. Few hypotheses:
- Some wrong thing with how Bigfoot attach luer lock? Always feel overly casual–no click. Just tighten as much as desired? Maybe this when air happen. Maybe not tight enough
- Could be problem of fill 200u cartridge only 100u?
- Too much back/forth with plunger while try purge air—>could introduce air?
Bubbles! Bigfoot wish eradicate bubbles.
This happy man recommend tap tap tap while load cartridge, tap tap tap while prime tubing AND/OR fill cartridge night before, purge air bubbles next day after bubbles have chance accumulate/merge. Hmmm. Bigfoot will try. Also like this tip from UK bubble discussion board: I just make sure that the pump is always upside down when in use so any air bubbles I’m unaware of float to the opposite end of the cartridge away from the entrance to the tubing <–bravo for clever! Would be good consideration for future Ping clip designer.