Meanwhile, this summer = 1st Diaversary. (Diarrhea!) Remember August 9th, 2011 everything impossible: puncture child with needle—>insane, inject medicine kill if make mistake OMGAYFKM?, squeezing out blood (quease), never eat w. no math except Babybel cheese (but I bake such good bread! This can not be happening.) Next level impossible: ka-chunk on infusion set (bigger needle—>new quease), fill insulin cartridge no bubbles (c’est impossible), communicate complex information to machine use only up/down arrow + OK button.
Fast forward now: Bigfoot can do all of above. ((Tip hat.)) Feel normal/normal-ish, if incompetent.
So much still feel impossible. Current list daunting:
- Take Dexcom out of box, schedule lesson (but I really think it will hurt too much and beep too much!)
- Bubs ride bike to school alone or with goofball child/no adult hoverer
- Bubs carry sugar meter + Sweetarts on own person
- Teach 1 – 2 grandparents glucagon
- Read Animas manual* (big spiral-bound one)
- Read Pumping Insulin
- Learn combo-wave thing like Joe
- Feel OK w. no sleep
Other big difference since August 2011. THEN: Are you kidding me? Why would I want to be around a bunch of diabetic people? NOW: How many days until the conference? (ANSWER = 22.)