I love A Sweet Life and a thing I wrote was posted there today. It is about punishing* a child (mine) after a hypo, for something that happened while hypo. I would love if you’d read it and share your opinion, even if your opinion is that I am mean. (*Technically I guess it was negatively reinforcing, not punishing.) (No. It was negative punishment. Taking away a good thing.)
Meanwhile, school starts in
two weeks a week.
Things to do:
1. THE BIGGIE: Meeting with principal, teachers, town 504 coordinator wherein everyone agrees to follow the 504 and post meeting there’s a barely audible hubbub: What a nice woman! and I’m baffled as to why the teachers last year were unable to follow this simple, necessary, and perfectly reasonable plan
2. FOR A SURPRISE: Apply Pump Peelz decal to Dexcom. Such BG. Amaze. Many 100. When I got my order confirmation, I replied to the Pump Peelz email robot to say I can’t believe you have a doge! And it wrote back: Yes. Such Peelz. Very shipped. Amaze.
3. NURSE’S OFFICE DEJA VU: Gather d-supplies into tote bag (<–self link to last year’s bag), to be stored in nurse’s office:
- Humalog cartridges & Luxura pen
- Lantus pen
- Pen needles
- Pump supplies: lithium batteries, cartridges, sites
- Alchohol swipes
- Glucolift, Juicy Juice, Gogo Squeeze for lows
- 10 – 15g CHO mixed snacks for gym/bus ride prn
- Mini Luna Bars
- Justin’s Nut Butter Pretzel packs
- Kind Bars
- More things
- Lancing device & lancets
- Verio IQ meter, 4 cans of strips, & a charger
- Spare Dexcom sensor(s)
- Ketone pee strips, unopened
- Dexcom flowcharts/pump & Verio manual pages from last year (probably still in bag)
- School forms
- More things?
4. SUPPLIES FOR THE BACKPACK:
- Spare Verio IQ meter/strips/lancing device/lancets
- More things?
5. I FORGET THE REST; IS THERE MORE?