ately consider possible some knowledge accrete. List here for future reference/future mock self how dumb used to be!**
1. If 100ish @bedtime + 100ish @wake-up = extremely unlikely major changes overnight bc. fucked up blood sugars don’t just peacefully resolve themselves
2. Low carb tortilla = farting
3. Nobody, except Dexcom, is ever going to ask for >5 days most recent past BG#s (yet still save every page under place mats/napkins in table linens drawer forthcoming Ken Burns documentary)
4. T1D some connection—>being fat. Think could blame too much insulin/treat lows too much Juicy Juice. One more reason avoid lows?
5. No use compare problems. Pain is not a competitive sport. (Thank you, Meri.) And if it were, Bigfoot lose. Big D not so bad compared to obvious other things (diseases), but also: what about family with healthy child model train cars for Thomas Tank Engine set out of his dog’s poop and bring indoors? Or person with flamboyant grand home/Dial liquid soap by bathroom sink?
6. Helpful brain exercise for D-depression: think of worst case scenario, heap on detail, until too extreme macabre for serious. By 30 he will be obese, rhinestone eyepatch over his blind eye, with one leg removed completely and the other leg a waggling stump that ends in a sausage casing-looking scar, Wilfred Brimley mustache, impotent, bad breath, watching Judge Judy (reruns), no insurance, sits in velvet recliner in a stained T-shirt with sores all over his feet (but he has no feet!), bitterly remembering all of the dumb things his mother did to destroy his life. Wretched scene leave Bigfoot certain more likely Bubs turn out like this.
7. ISF (insulin sensitivity factor) well known; carb sensitivity factor never really mention Bigfoot D-education but must exist. Apply transitive property:
if ISF 1:100 (=one unit insulin decrease BG by 100 points)
and I:C ratio 1:20 (=one unit insulin cover 20g CHO)
one carb=increase BG 5 points
sometimes I:C ratio 1:9
one carb=increase BG 9 points (if pretend I:C=1:81 for easy math)
treat low w. 15g CHO=bad idea (+135 points! nobody need that much. Unless swimming/similar. Right?)
This explain why more experienced parent tell Bigfoot, “I know one pixie stick will raise her by 15 points.” Say what? Bigfoot amazed! Want same knowledge! Now have. Ostensible one Skittle = 5BG points. At certain times day.
**Some things maybe/surely not correct.